All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWinston Churchill was one of the most extraordinary leaders of the twentieth century. What was it that enabled him to stand so steadfastly when all those around him seemed to turn back in fear? What was it that enabled him to inspire whole nations to endure the unendurable and to achieve the unachievable when all those around him had already surrendered all hope? This remarkable new study of Churchill's leadership skill answers these questions and more. The result is an account that is as inspiring today as it was more than half a century ago when the great man' shadow fell large across the world stage. According to Henry Kissinger, Our age finds it difficult to come to grips with Churchill. The political leaders with whom we are familiar generally aspire to be superstars rather than heroes. The distinction is crucial. Superstars strive for approbation; heroes walk alone. Superstars crave consensus; heroes define themselves by the...future they see it as their risk to bring about. Superstars seek success in a technique for eliciting support; heroes pursue success as the outgrowth of their inner values. Winston Churchill was a hero.
- Author BiographyStephen Mansfield is an American who spent most of his youth in England as the son a US Military Intelligence Officer based in London. He has a Ph.D. in history.
- Author(s)Stephen Mansfield
- PublisherCumberland House Publishing,US
- Date of Publication20/09/2002
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Series TitleLeaders in Action S.
- Place of PublicationNashville
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCumberland House Publishing,US
- Out-of-print date13/02/2013
- Weight219 g
- Width110 mm
- Height160 mm
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.43Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.