All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53
About this product
- DescriptionIsabel Hickey taught that we can heal the Earth with loving, right relations: We cant relate to one ather on a head to head basis; only heart to heart. Never Mind! We say it all the time and never hear what it is saying. Her autobiography, held posthumously for 32 years, is filled with stories of her youth, family and the forces that guided her to become an astrologer, healer as Boston's Spiritual Sparkplug. In it, she discusses psychic realms, spiritual adventures, Earth-bounds, reincarnation and more. Memoirs by her grandson, Jay Hickey, and protege Amy Shapiro, create a loving portrait of a great teacher, and self-realized being. Excerpts from Isabel on the Aquarian Age: When I say Never Mind - and you'll never solve the issues of life with your mind - I don't mean that your mind isn't important. The Sun - the Spirit -- in Aquarius is like the Sun in February, cold, detached, t at its height of warmth. Leo is too attached to those they love; it's the love sign. They also demand too much of people, until they learn better. Aquarius' detachment or indifference to individuals is often difficult for people around them. The mission of this New Age of Aquarius is to teach people to be loving but t attached. In the Age we are living in we have the priceless privilege of bringing astrology into its place as a sacred science again. ...Thirty years ago, I was told from within that I was to study astrology ... that Astrology was once again to be raised to its rightful estate as a Cosmic Science and many of us had chosen to incarnate at this time for that purpose. This means self-discipline and the willingness to get beyond the pull of the Unlit Self, the personality. Astrology teaches us how to overcome the duality in ourselves, to reach a consciousness where we, having found our inner Center can help our clients to find their own True Self. The blueprint we call the horoscope shows where we stand on the path of evolution. We do t come unbound into this livingness but we can go unbound out of it if we overcome the pull of matter and clear up what needs clearing. The horoscope shows the place and grade we are in at this particular moment; where we go or if we go further is up to us.
- Author BiographyJay Hickey lives in Epsom, NH, where he runs a Tree Farm with his wife Patricia, and works with Town government. Jay served in the US Army as a Medic, stationed at the Military Hospital in Munich Germany; he worked for many years in construction with his brothers, and served on the Rescue Squad. He works with the FEMA to help homeowners and Board of Selectmen with flood plain regulations, planning, zoning compliance, public ordinances, and wetland concerns. Jay has served as Town Project Manager, Acquisitions Manager, and Chairman of the Board of Selectmen. Amy Shapiro lives and works in Gloucester, MA with her husband Ed Kaznocha, where they raised two sons and enjoy gardening and the ocean. Amy began studying astrology with Isabel Hickey in 1965 at age 14. Their joint activities included giving lectures, seminars, radio and TV. She earned her M. Ed. in Counseling, trained at Harvard's Mind-Body Institute and New England Society of Clinical Hypnosis. Balancing mind and body, Amy practices T'ai Chi and helps people improve their nutrition (see ask4juiceplus.com). She can be reached at NewAgeSages.com.
- Author(s)Isabel Hickey
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication20/06/2012
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight304 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.