Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $8.50 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by 6thinline
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $18.00Free postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by 33_rpm
- Est. delivery by 5 Oct
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn November 2006, Chris O'Brien was diagsed with glioblastoma multi-forme, a malignant and extremely aggressive form of cancer. As one of the country's most eminent cancer specialists, O'Brien kws that the chances of beating the brain tumour are tiny; even with chemotherapy, surgery and radiation few sufferers survive past 12 months. Nevertheless, he is determined to beat the odds. With the support of his close family and an international network of surgeons, friends and well-wishers, O'Brien took the option of radical brain surgery under the supervision of his friend Dr Charlie Teo. His level of fitness, optimistic outlook and relative youth (he was 55 when diagsed) give him a shot at survival. Currently he is in remission. Funny, charming and fearless, O'Brien has said he is t afraid to die - but he doesn't plan to just yet. Here, in his inspiring memoir, he takes a look back over his life and the forces which shaped him - from his modest beginnings as part of a typical Australian-Irish family, to his early years as a doctor and football player, to life, living on the smell of an oily rag as a young doctor with a family in London and the US, through to the shocking news which literally changed his life.
- PrizesShortlisted for ABIA Australian Biography of the Year 2009.
- Author(s)Chris O'Brien
- PublisherHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Date of Publication01/10/2008
- SubjectAutobiography: Science, Technology & Medical
- Place of PublicationNew South Wales
- Country of PublicationAustralia
- ImprintHarperCollins Publishers (Australia) Pty Ltd
- Out-of-print date22/04/2016
- Weight466 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Most relevant reviews
- molon_wend08 Mar, 2016by
A truly great read.
The book is truly a great read . Having watched RPA ,I wanted to read his life story ,and it was not dissapointing .His nickname was Doctor gorgeous ,and he deserved it . A really wonderful man .
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $17.45Trending at AU $19.79
- AU $44.07Trending at AU $51.53