All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.37Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionTechlogy has transformed our lives. Virtually every school and classroom is connected. Why then, has it t transformed education? Consider these five ways educators can begin to optimize classroom techlogy and rethink its use. * See techlogy as a complement rather than a replacement * Embrace its creation potential over consumption function * Encourage design and personalized learning over standards and outcomes * Celebrate the journey toward digital competence over curriculum improvement * Focus on tech-pedagogy over product usage Learn how to let techlogy cultivate student automy, creativity, and responsibility while focusing on lessons that hone higher-order and critical thinking skills.
- Author BiographyYong Zhao currently serves as the Presidential Chair and Director of the Institute for Global and Online Education in the College of Education, University of Oregon, where he is also a Professor in the Department of Educational Measurement, Policy, and Leadership. He is also a professorial fellow at the Mitchell Institute for Health and Education Policy, Victoria University. His works focus on the implications of globalization and technology on education. He has published over 100 articles and 20 books, including Who's Afraid of the Big Bad Dragon: Why China has the Best (and Worst) Education System in the World, Catching Up or Leading the Way: American Education in the Age of Globalization and World Class Learners: Educating Creative and Entrepreneurial Students. He is a recipient of the Early Career Award from the American Educational Research Association and was named one of the 2012 10 most influential people in educational technology by the Tech & Learn Magazine. He is an elected fellow of the International Academy for Education. His latest book World Class Learners has won several awards including the Society of Professors of Education Book Award (2013), Association of Education Publishers' (AEP) Judges' Award and Distinguished Achievement Award in Education Leadership(2013). See flyers for Zhao's books . Gaoming Zhang is an Assistant Professor in the School of Education at the University of Indianapolis. She teaches educational psychology and educational technology courses in undergraduate and graduate programs. Her research interests include technology integration, teacher preparation, and comparative education. Her work has appeared in On the Horizon, the Journal of Early Childhood Teacher Education, Asia Pacific Journal of Education, Educause Review, and the International Encyclopedia of Education. Jing Lei is an Associate Professor in the School of Education at Syracuse University. Dr. Lei's scholarship focuses on how information and communication technology can help prepare a new generation of citizens for a globalizing and digitizing world. Specifically, her research interests include technology integration in schools, the social-cultural and psychological impact of technology, e-learning, emerging technologies for education, and teacher technology preparation. Her recent publications include Handbook of Asian Education: A Cultural Perspective (2011, Routledge) and The Digital Pencil: One-to-One Computing for Children (2008, Lawrence Erlbaum Associates publishers). Wei Qiu is an instructional designer and adjunct faculty at Webster University. She received a Ph.D. in Educational Psychology and Educational Technology from Michigan State University. Her research interests include using technology to enhance students' learning experience, second language education, and global competency development.
- Author(s)Gaoming Zhang,Jing Lei,Wei Qiu,Yong Zhao
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication27/08/2015
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight227 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.