Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume of the Selected Papers is a product of the XIX Congress of the Portuguese Statistical Society, held at the Portuguese town of Nazare, from September 28 to October 1, 2011. All contributions were selected after a thorough peer-review process. It covers a broad scope of papers in the areas of Statistical Science, Probability and Stochastic Processes, Extremes and Statistical Applications.
- Author BiographyAntonio Pacheco is Professor of Probability and Statistics, President of CEMAT (Center for Mathematics and its Applications), and Head of the Department of Mathematics at Instituto Superior Tecnico - University of Lisbon. He graduated in Probability and Statistics in 1987 from the University of Lisbon, obtained a M.Sc. Degree in Applied Mathematics from the Technical University of Lisbon in 1991 and received a Ph.D. in Operations Research from Cornell University in 1994. His main research interests include applied stochastic processes, queueing networks, statistical process control, and stochastic models in telecommunications. Rui Santos is Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematics of the School of Technology and Management, Polytechnic Institute of Leiria and a member of the research unit CEAUL (Center of Statistics and its Applications). He holds a doctorate in Probability and Statistics (University of Lisbon, 2008). His main research interests include group testing, simulation, statistical inference, sampling and history of probability and statistics. M. Rosario de Oliveira is Assistant Professor at the Department of Mathematics of Instituto Superior Tecnico, University of Lisbon and a member of the research center CEMAT. She holds a doctorate in Mathematics (Technical University of Lisbon, 2002). Her main research interests include robust statistics, multivariate analysis, applied statistics to telecommunications and biostatistics. Carlos Daniel Paulino, who currently serves as President of SPE (Portuguese Statistical Society), is a member of CEAUL (Center of Statistics and its Applications of University of Lisbon). He is Associate Professor in Probability and Statistics at Instituto Superior Tecnico - University of Lisbon and holds a Ph.D. in Statistical Sciences from University of Sao Paulo. His main research interests include Categorical Data Analysis, Bayesian Statistics, Statistical Inference and Missing Data.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication13/05/2014
- Series TitleStudies in Theoretical and Applied Statistics / Selected Papers of the Statistical Societies
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note61 black & white illustrations, 16 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight762 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edited byAntonio Pacheco,Carlos Daniel Paulino,Maria Do Rosario Oliveira,Rui Santos
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.