All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionTen years ago, Mark Anthony Neal's New Black Man put forth a revolutionary model of Black masculinity for the twenty-first century-one that moved beyond patriarchy to embrace feminism and combat homophobia. Now, Neal's book is more vital than ever, urging us to imagine a New Black Man whose strength resides in family, community, and diversity. Part memoir, part manifesto, this book celebrates the Black man of our times in all his vibrancy and virility. The tenth anniversary edition of this classic text includes a new foreword by Joan Morgan and a new introduction and postscript from Neal, which bring the issues in the book up to the present day.
- Author BiographyMark Anthony Neal is a Professor of African and African-American Studies and Director of the Center for the Arts, Digital Culture and Entrepreneurship (CADCE) at Duke University. Neal also hosts the weekly video webcast Left of Black, and is founder and managing editor of the blog NewBlackMan (in Exile). You can follow him on Twitter @NewBlackMan.
- Author(s)Mark Anthony Neal
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication26/02/2015
- SubjectGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight317 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement10th Anniversary edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.