New Classic American Houses: The Architecture of Albert, Righter and Tittmann by Dan Cooper (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $80.99+ AU $11.00 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booksourcesonlineaustralia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $42.84+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAlbert, Righter & Tittman Architects create finely crafted houses that pay homage to classic American house styles yet are adapted with skill, mastery and a good dose of irreverence to suit contemporary American life. At first glance, their Cambridge Cupola House loks like a typical mid-19th-century Greek Revival house, but on closer inspection, one realises that thing is quite where it should be. The grand, cupola-topped rotunda entrance, for instance, is located t in the front, but on the side of the house! The reason? To increase the living space for the inhabitants. Richly illustrated with specially commissioned photographs, as well as with plans, drawings and watercolours, this sumptuous volume celebrates AR&Ts timeless, invative designs and explores the historical styles on which they are based from Classical to Shingle, from Carpenter Gothic to Cape. Focusing on the superb craftsmanship and exquisite detailing of AR&Ts exteriors, interiors and outbuldiings, each chapter features one or more sidebars highlighting their inventive use of architectural elements, including columns, fireplaces, balustrades and moldings. It will be a trove of design ideas for professionals and homeowners alike.
- Author BiographyDan Cooper writes about architecture, interior design, and antiques for Period Homes, Old-House Interiors, Antique Homes, Arts and Crafts Homes, Victorian Homes, Style 1900, Traditional Building, and Art and Antiques, among other publications. A nationally recognized expert on historic carpeting, he is consulted by museums, state capitols, and private citizens all over the United States and Canada. He divides his time between Western Massachusetts and New York. Robert A. M. Stern, founder and Senior Partner of Robert A. M. Stern Architects, is Dean of the Yale School of Architecture. He is the recipient of numerous awards, including the AIA New York Chapter's President's Award (2001) and the Board of Directors' Honor from the Institute of Classical Architecture and Classical America (2007). He is the author of many books and his work is the subject of many more.
- Author(s)Dan Cooper
- PublisherVendome Press,U.S.
- Date of Publication26/10/2009
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintVendome Press,U.S.
- Out-of-print date29/10/2016
- Content Note230 illustrations, 200 in colour
- Weight1680 g
- Width248 mm
- Height273 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Foreword byRobert A. M. Stern
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $7.99Trending at AU $8.27
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.89
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $66.30Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.39
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.