Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.34Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.58Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
- AU $17.67Trending at AU $23.05
About this product
- DescriptionThis series aims to publish research on various dimensions of communities, with discussions of theoretical and methodological issues, and empirical research. Special focus will be on cross-cultural comparative, interdisciplinary and critical studies on community structure/change problems, policy-planning and related issues. This volume explores a variety of new communities that have emerged within recent decades. They are multidimensional and multilevel constructs that have manifested in a diversity of ways. Various researchers in this volume focus on myriad kinds of new communities and different facets of this phemen. They devote considerable attention to the diversity of ways in which these new communities are constructed and are perceived as such by their members. Most of these new communities are related to a variety of contemporary social issues. Consequently, some studies focus on the problems and policy implications of kwledge about new communities in both enhancing and retarding individual and community well-being. The studies in this book demonstrate diversity both in subject matter and in theoretical perspective. The new communities included in this book should help us better understand the micro-foundations of community and could provide some clues about the macro-level integration of society.
- PublisherEmerald Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication01/02/1991
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Series TitleResearch in Community Sociology
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 6
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJAI Press Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight639 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Volume editorDan A. Chekki
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.