All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionKurt Vonnegut's darkly comic work became a symbol for the counterculture of a generation. From his debut vel, Player Pia (1951) through seminal 1960's vels such as Cat's Cradle (1963) and Slaughterhouse-Five (1969) up to the recent success of A Man Without A Country (2005), Vonnegut's writing has remained commercially popular, offering a satirical yet optimistic outlook on modern life. Though many fellow writers admired Vonnegut - Gore Vidal famously suggesting that Kurt was never dull - the academic establishment has tended to retain a degree of scepticism concerning the validity of his work. This dynamic collection aims to re-evaluate Vonnegut's position as an integral part of the American post-war cann of literature.
- Author BiographyDavid Simmons is Senior Lecturer in English and Screen Studies at the University of Northampton, UK.
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication07/12/2011
- SubjectLiterary Theory
- Series TitleAmerican Literature Readings in the 21st Century
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2009
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight325 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDavid Simmons
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.88Trending at AU $88.25
- AU $24.61Trending at AU $33.26
- AU $17.99Trending at AU $22.08
- AU $34.88Trending at AU $36.79
- AU $41.99Trending at AU $45.75
- AU $49.12Trending at AU $65.35
- AU $16.12Trending at AU $22.10
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.