Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.34Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines some of the most significant recent developments in film and critical theory. The book is divided into four sections, each dealing with established and alternative critical concepts and approaches. These four are: The Gaze and Subjectivity; Film and Discourse; Film and Culture; Film and Meaning. Each of these topics is explored using concepts from post-structuralism and postmodernism, working towards the idea that the relationship between film studies and critical theory is a vital and diverse interplay of rich and exciting ideas.
- Author BiographyPATRICK FUERY is Professor of Film and Cultural Studies at the University of Sussex. The author of Theories of Desire (Melbourne University Press, 1995) and co-author of Cultural Studies and the New Humanities (Oxford University Press, 1997). He has taught film studies and cultural theory at both undergraduate and postgraduate level in New Zealand (Otago University), the UK (Essex University and Royal Holloway College) and Australia (Macquarie University, Curtin University, University of Melbourne and Murdoch University).
- Author(s)Patrick Fuery
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication11/07/2000
- SubjectFilm, TV & Radio
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight348 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.