All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA Fully Revised and Updated Edition of the Classic Women's Health Text New Dimensions in Women's Health: Sixth Edition is a comprehensive and practical text that offers students the tools to understand the health of women of all cultures, races, ethnicities, socioecomic backgrounds, and sexual orientations. The fully revised and updated sixth edition gives women critical information needed to optimize their well-being, avoid illness and injury, and support their health. Each chapter presents in-depth coverage of an important aspect of women's health and examines the contributing epidemiological, historical, psycho-social, cultural, ethical, legal, political, and ecomic influences. This text is appropriate for undergraduate students studying Health Education, Nursing, and Women's Studies as well as students in general health education electives. Key features: Discusses exercise, nutrition, and weight management. Explores interpersonal and social dimensions of women's health. Includes quotes from real women, which offer students varied perspectives, opinions, and thoughts from women of all ages, races, and cultures. Profiles of Remarkable Women sections highlight individual women who contributed to the health and well-being of women. Topics for Discussion at the end of each chapter encourage students to consider their opinions on a topic and to explore the philosophical dimensions surrounding issues of women's health. Addresses issues regarding sexual health and sexuality, as well as sexual violence as a public health problem. Presents a practical approach to understanding the health of all women inclusive of race, ethnicity, socioecomic status, culture, and orientation. Each chapter reviews an important dimension of a woman's general health and examines the contributing epidemiological, historical, psychosocial, cultural, ethical, legal, political, and ecomic influences.
- Author(s)Helaine Bader,Judith H. LaRosa,Linda Lewis Alexander,Susan Garfield
- PublisherJones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Date of Publication06/03/2013
- SubjectFamily & Health: General
- Place of PublicationSudbury
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJones and Bartlett Publishers, Inc
- Weight936 g
- Edition Statement6th Revised edition
Save on Textbooks
- AU $26.38Trending at AU $38.34
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.71
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.34
- AU $30.26Trending at AU $32.66
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $30.98Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $11.31Trending at AU $14.92
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.