All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionNew financial instruments --such as structured financial products and exchange-traded funds --and new financial institutions --including hedge funds and private-equity funds --present opportunities as well as policy and regulatory challenges in U.S. and Japanese financial markets. This book presents cutting-edge research from experts in academia and the financial industry on new instruments and new institutions while contrasting their developments in the different countries. The contributors highlight the invative way in which Japanese financiers and government officials have learned from the U.S. regarding the introduction of new instruments into their market. New Financial Instruments and Institutions continues the productive collaboration between the Brookings Institution and the Nomura Institute of Capital Markets Research in examining current issues in capital and financial markets. Contributors include Jennifer Bethel (Babson College),Todd Broms (Managed ETFs, LLC), Frank Edwards (Columbia Business School), Allen Ferrell (Harvard Law School),Yasuyuki Fuchita (Nomura Institute of Capital Markets Research), Gary Gastineau (Managed ETFs, LLC), Ken Lehn (University of Pittsburgh), Josh Lerner (Harvard Business School), Frank Party (University of San Diego Law School), Adam Posen (Institute for International Ecomics), Ken Scott (Stanford Law School), Steve G. Segal (Boston University, J.W. Childs Associates),Yuta Seki (Nomura Institute of Capital Markets Research, New York), Erik Sirri (Babson College), and Randall Thomas (Vanderbilt Law School).
- Author BiographyYasuyuki Fuchita is a senior managing director at the Nomura Institute of Capital Markets Research in Tokyo, Japan. He is coeditor of After the Crash: The Future of Finance (2010) and Prudent Lending Restored (2009), both published by Brookings. Robert E. Litan is a senior fellow in Economic Studies at the Brookings Institution, Washington, D.C., USA, and vice president for research and policy at the Kauffman Foundation, Missouri. Among his many books is Good Capitalism, Bad Capitalism, and the Economics of Growth and Prosperity (Yale University Press, 2007), written with William J. Baumol and Carl J. Schramm.
- PublisherBrookings Institution
- Date of Publication01/06/2007
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookings Institution
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight17 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine16 mm
- Edited byRobert E. Litan,Yasuyuki Fuchita
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.