Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionTV distribution has undergone a massive increase in volume and value over the past fifty years, and yet we kw little about what happens in between television programming production and transmission, when this may have crucial ecomic and cultural resonance. New Flows in Global TV fills the gap by investigating the global trade in TV programme formats. This pioneering investigation delves into how programme formats such as Who Wants to be a Millionaire? and Big Brother appear in such markets as Argentina, South Africa, the Middle East and China. Studies include the international circulation of Dallas in the 1980s, Australian soap opera exports in the 1990s and overseas sales of United Kingdom television programming in the new millennium. New Flows in Global Television is a key text for those interested in global media, providing a comprehensive insight into the cultural, ecomic and social exchange that takes place at the centre of world television.
- Author BiographyAlbert Moran is Senior Lecturer in Media at Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia.
- Author(s)Albert Moran
- PublisherIntellect Books
- Date of Publication01/06/2009
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Place of PublicationBristol
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintIntellect Books
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, black & white line drawings, black & white tables, maps, figures, charts, graphs
- Weight318 g
- Width174 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine13 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.