All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSet against the backdrop of the world's tallest peaks, author Andrea Jurgrau's New Heights in Lace Knitting takes lace knitters through an adventurous journey, elevating their lace skills to new heights. Before starting any journey, knitters need to load their packs (or in this case, their knitting bags) with the right supplies and Andrea begins New Heights in Lace Knitting outlining just what knitters need to have a successful expedition (or finished project). In preparation for the projects that will be created, knitters are guided through choosing the right yarns for lace projects and basic lace techniques (lace incs/decs, cast ons, bind offs, etc.). Also included is a comprehensive guide to adding beads to lace projects. This material t found in other knitting books! Through original lace scarf designs, knitters learn how adding beads can frame a motif, become an element of a motif, or how beads can become design elements themselves. Once fully prepped with the right materials and kwledge to have a successful lace knitting adventure, Andrea takes knitters through projects that will grow their skills. Beginners will start with projects like fingerless mitts with lace details for their first summit, while experienced knitters may start with an Everest shawl project that challenges their kw-how. In all, there are 15 gorgeous projects (hats, mitts, socks and shawls) featured in Seven Summits that knitters are going to love exploring. By the end of their journey through New Heights in Lace Knitting, knitters will t only have created for themselves a beautiful collection of lace shawls and accessories, but they'll have gained confidence in their ability to crest any knitting challenge they might face.
- Author BiographyAndrea Jurgrau is a nurse-practitioner and avid lace knitter. Her patterns have appeared in KnitScene, Vogue Knitting, Spin-Off, Knit Red, One + One Scarves, Shawls, & Shrugs, Enchanted Knits and the Unofficial Downton Abbey Knitting Collection. Her new book, New Vintage Lace, is published by Interweave. She lives in New York.
- Author(s)Andrea Jurgrau
- PublisherInterweave Press Inc
- Date of Publication29/07/2016
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLoveland, CO
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintInterweave Press Inc
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width276 mm
- Height209 mm
- Spine18 mm
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.