All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- Description<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN > Scholarly depictions of the history of Aboriginal people in Canada have changed dramatically since the 1970s when Arthur J. ( Skip ) Ray entered the field. New Histories for Old examines this transformation while extending the scholarship on Canada's Aboriginal history in new directions. This collection combines essays by prominent senior historians, geographers, and anthropologists with contributions by new voices in these fields. The chapters reflect themes including Native struggles for land and resources under colonialism, the fur trade, Indian policy and treaties, mobility and migration, disease and well-being, and Native-newcomer relations.
- Author Biography<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC -//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN > Ted Binnema is a professor of history at the University of Northern British Columbia. Susan Neylan is an associate professor of history at Wilfrid Laurier University.
- PublisherUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Date of Publication21/11/2007
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationVancouver
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintUniversity of British Columbia Press
- Content Note8 maps, 4 tables, est
- Weight567 g
- Width4039 mm
- Height5969 mm
- Edited bySusan Neylan,Theodore Binnema
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.