All listings for this product
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $23.55
- AU $32.88Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
- AU $44.08Trending at AU $51.53
- AU $23.80Trending at AU $32.83
- AU $16.92Trending at AU $19.26
About this product
- DescriptionModelling and simulation techlogies have improved dramatically over the past decade and their applications in toxicity prediction and risk assessment are of great importance. Such approaches will become increasingly necessary as industrial chemicals advance and as new pharmaceuticals enter the market. In this comprehensive discussion of predictive toxicology and its applications, leading experts express their views on the techlogies currently available and the potential for future developments. The book covers a wide range of topics including the in silico, in vitro and in vivo approaches being used in the safety assessment of chemical substances. It reflects the growing and urgent need to strengthen our ability to predict the risks posed by industrial and pharmaceutical chemicals in humans. Extensive information on the use of current animal models used for various toxicities and target-mediated toxicities is included. Also discussed are the recently introduced regulatory initiatives.
- Author BiographyAlan G. E. Wilson, PhD, ATS, is currently Vice President of Drug Metabolism, Pharmacokinetics, and Toxicology and Pathology at Lexicon Pharmaceuticals. He is internationally-recognized in drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics and toxicology and has over 25 years of experience working on product discovery and development for both small molecules and biotherapeutics. He has significant hands-on experience with the regulatory and GLP requirements for the conduct of ADME, PK and safety assessment studies to support regulatory submissions and clinical studies. Prior to joining Lexicon, Dr. Wilson held senior management and leadership positions with major international pharmaceutical and life science companies. He has been involved with the approval and registration of several successful marketed products and has extensive experience working with regulatory agencies in the United States, Europe and Asia Pacific. Dr. Wilson has Board of Director and Scientific Advisory experience with several companies. He is Board Certified in Toxicology and has produced more than 120 publications. Dr. Wilson has been an invited speaker and presenter at international conferences.
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication25/11/2011
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleDrug Discovery
- Series Part/Volume Number12
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Content Note105 black & white illustrations, There are some colour figures for this book. This has been approved by the CommEd.
- Weight1184 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine44 mm
- Edited byAlan G. E. Wilson
- Series Edited byDavid E. Thurston,David P. Rotella
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.