Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $79.19
- AU $70.86Trending at AU $126.99
- AU $6.83Trending at AU $10.45
- AU $26.88Trending at AU $29.54
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $22.31
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.48
- AU $40.00Trending at AU $40.72
About this product
- DescriptionSince 1984, we have organized satellite symposia on retinal degenerations that are held in conjunction with the biennial International Congress of Eye Research. The timing and location of our Retinal Degeneration Symposia have allowed scientists and clinicians from around the world to convene and present their exciting new findings. The symposia have been arranged to allow ample time for discussions and one-on-one interactions in a relaxed atmosphere, where international friendships and collaborations could be established. The IXth International Symposium on Retinal Degeneration was held on October 9-14, 2000 in Durango, Colorado and was attended by over 100 scientists from six continents. This book contains many of their presentations. Several events of te occurred at this meeting. First, thanks to the generous support of the Foundation Fighting Blindness, we were able to sponsor the travel of 11 young scientists from six countries. Most of them have contributed chapters to this volume. The response to the travel program was so overwhelming that we will make it regular feature of our meeting. This will allow other bright, young investigators to be introduced to the world experts who study retinal degenerations. Second, about 40% of the scientists who attended this meeting were there for the first time. We believe that this indicates a growing interest in retinal degeneration research and ensures that new talent will be attracted to this important area of investigation. The symposium received support from several organizations.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/10/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight721 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJoe G. Hollyfield,Matthew M. Lavail,Robert E. Anderson
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2001
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.