All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $14.11Trending at AU $24.23
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.16
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.95
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.37
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.97
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.45
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.82
About this product
- DescriptionThe fourteen essays in this volume are representative of the 1998 Berkeley Germanic Linguistics Roundtable. New Insights in Germanic Linguistics II displays a fairly equal interest in historical and contemporary language data. It is ever more evident that linguists appeal to diachronic facts when interpreting synchronic data and the reverse. A rich array of cross-linguistic evidence pervades the volume. Every component of the grammar from phology through semantics and pragmatics is addressed and the methods applied range from laboratory phonetics to optimality theory and sociolinguistics/fieldwork.
- Author BiographyThe Editors: Irmengard Rauch is Professor of Germanic Linguistics at the University of California, Berkeley. Gerald F. Carr is Professor of German at California State University, Sacramento.
- PublisherPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Date of Publication01/11/2000
- SubjectEncyclopedias & General Reference
- Series TitleBerkeley Insights in Linguistics and Semiotics
- Series Part/Volume Number38
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPeter Lang Publishing Inc
- Weight490 g
- Width160 mm
- Height230 mm
- Edited byGerald F. Carr,Irmengard Rauch
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.