All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPastors and students who want a one-volume commentary to complement the New Interpreter's Study Bible will be pleased to find in this resource the quality of scholarship that is a hallmark of other New Interpreter's Bible resources. <p/> The portability, accessibility, and affordability of the one-volume commentary will appeal to professors and students as well as lay persons and pastors. <p/> This commentary contains articles on all the books of the Bible, including the Apocrypha, as well as numerous general articles on biblical interpretation, geographical and historical setting, religion, text, can, translation, Bible and preaching/teaching, with bibliographies for each article. Extra value includes: chrology/timeline, table of measures and money, and a subject index. A dust jacket is included. <p/> Old Testament Editor: Dr. David L. Petersen, Franklin Nutting Parker Professor of Old Testament, Emory University. Professor Petersen's current research focuses on the book of Genesis and on prophetic literature. An ordained Presbyterian minister, Dr. Petersen has written, coauthored, or coedited a number of scholarly and popular books and articles. He was the senior Old Testament editor for The New Interpreter's Bible. Professor Petersen is a past president of the Society of Biblical Literature. <p/> New Testament Editor: Dr. Beverly Roberts Gaventa, Helen H.P. Manson Professor of New Testament Literature and Exegesis, Princeton Theological Seminary. Dr. Gaventa, whose specialties within the field of New Testament are the letters of Paul and Luke-Acts, is widely published. She is a member of the advisory board for the New Testament Library, a new commentary series for Westminster John Kx Press; editor of the Society of Biblical Literature's Resources for Biblical Studies and a member of the editorial board of its Journal of Biblical Literature; and associate editor of the Catholic Biblical Quarterly.
- PublisherAbingdon Press
- Date of Publication26/07/2010
- SubjectChristianity: Bibles & Liturgy
- Place of PublicationNashville, Tennessee
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAbingdon Press
- Weight2359 g
- Width190 mm
- Height268 mm
- Spine53 mm
- Edited byBeverly Roberts Gaventa,D. Petersen
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.52Trending at AU $57.15
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $31.94Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $53.34Trending at AU $59.06
- AU $28.49Trending at AU $29.55
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.