All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Jersey marks its 350th birthday this year (2014) and what better way to celebrate than to delve into its rich colonial past in New Jersey's Colonial Architecture Told in 100 Buildings. Today, in this most developed and crowded of states, a surprising number of buildings are still standing from our Colonial Era, 1636 to 1783. They range from a Royal Goverr's mansion in Perth Amboy; to Sandy Hook Lighthouse in Monmouth County; to Christ Episcopal Church in Shrewsbury; to the still functioning Black Horse Inn in Mendham; to a law office in Salem City; to Moravian Gristmill in Hope; to the nation's oldest farm building in Greenwich. New Jersey's extensive architectural heritage is often overshadowed by its neighbors-Philadelphia and New York City-but the Garden State has more varied every-day colonial architecture than any other state because it was the most diverse colony settled by Swedes, Dutch, Scotch, French, English Quakers, and others who brought their architectural traditions with them. The book tells the story of this rich colonial architecture heritage in more than 100 color photographs and captions.
- Author BiographyAuthor David Veasey was raised in Chatham, Morris County, and has spent most of his life in New Jersey, now living in Morris Plains. He has a long-time interest in the state's architecture, including its lighthouses and life-saving stations which he wrote a book about. He also wrote New Jersey Then and Now. Veasey has a BA from Drew University and a Master's Degree from New York University. He has worked his entire career as a writer, ranging from journalism, including articles about New Jersey for The New York Times, to Madison Avenue, to The United Nations, to financial writing.
- Author(s)David Veasey
- PublisherFonthill Media LLc
- Date of Publication01/05/2014
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationSC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFonthill Media LLc
- Content Noteblack & white halftones, colour illustrations, maps
- Weight295 g
- Width163 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $35.30Trending at AU $38.10
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $13.98
- AU $15.52Trending at AU $23.38
- AU $30.82Trending at AU $34.99
- AU $32.75Trending at AU $55.48
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $99.92
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $32.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.