All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $30.46Trending at AU $31.88
- AU $55.54Trending at AU $56.93
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $84.75
- AU $29.92Trending at AU $31.38
- AU $46.03Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $12.65Trending at AU $12.99
- AU $41.46Trending at AU $49.43
About this product
- DescriptionThe summer season on Cape Cod is over--w it's time for the real fun to begin. Dominick is always just passing through. He is a professional house guest who follows the sun and the leisure class from resort to resort. But this winter he lingers on a quaint New England island and in spite of his best intentions becomes involved in the travails of his eccentric geriatric hosts. An environmental protest against a proposed liquid natural gas terminal turns ugly, and by accident and happenstance Dominick becomes a mistaken suspect in terrorist bombings. But New Jerusalem News is really about its characters--the plot is just to keep them busy as we get to kw them. None of them are young--white-bearded men and blue-coiffed women busy with aging, dementia, and ungrateful children. But Dominick strives to float above it all in a life of itinerant escape. A New England comedy of sorts, on ather level New Jerusalem News is an extended meditation on history, identity, and what it means to drift. Skyhorse Publishing, as well as our Arcade, Yucca, and Good Books imprints, are proud to publish a broad range of books for readers interested in fiction--vels, vellas, political and medical thrillers, comedy, satire, historical fiction, romance, erotic and love stories, mystery, classic literature, folklore and mythology, literary classics including Shakespeare, Dumas, Wilde, Cather, and much more. While t every title we publish becomes a New York Times bestseller or a national bestseller, we are committed to books on subjects that are sometimes overlooked and to authors whose work might t otherwise find a home.
- Author BiographyJohn Enright was born in Buffalo, New York, in 1945. After serving stints in semi-pro baseball and the Lackawanna steel mills, and the publishing industry in New York, San Francisco, and Hong Kong, he left the United States to teach at the American Samoa Community College and spent the next twenty-six years living on the islands of the South Pacific. Over the past four decades, his essays, articles, short stories, and poems have appeared in more than seventy books, anthologies, journals, periodicals, and online magazines. Today, he and his wife, ceramicist Connie Payne, live in Jamestown, Rhode Island.
- Author(s)John Enright
- PublisherSkyhorse Publishing
- Date of Publication23/07/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Series TitleThe Dominick Chronicles
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYucca Publishing
- Weight542 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.