All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $20.47Trending at AU $21.76
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $30.45Trending at AU $51.44
About this product
- DescriptionRecent developments in new media have led to the rise of what has become kwn as 'social media'. The shift towards mass self-communication has lowered the techlogical thresholds for everyday users to connect and to become 'produsers' in media life. However, the question is to what extent users interacting in this ecosystem are empowered - and t disempowered - to express their creativity and concerns and to obtain a prominent role in new media design and invation.
- Author BiographyJo Pierson is Professor at the Vrije Universiteit Brussel - Department of Communication Studies / SMIT (Studies on Media, Information and Telecommunication). Enid Mante-Meijer is emeritus Professor at Utrecht University - Utrecht School of Governance. Eugene Loos is Professor at the University of Amsterdam - Department of Communication Science / ASCoR (Amsterdam School of Communication Research).
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication13/05/2011
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleParticipation in Broadband Society
- Series Part/Volume Number6
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2011
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content Note99, fig. and tables
- Weight510 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Edited byEnid Mante-Meijer,Eugene Loos,Jo Pierson
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.