All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.00Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $61.30Trending at AU $73.48
- AU $82.00Trending at AU $99.31
- AU $36.79Trending at AU $38.13
- AU $50.16Trending at AU $55.65
- AU $20.18Trending at AU $24.49
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $33.64
About this product
- DescriptionComputers are everywhere around us. We, for example, as air passengers, car drivers, laptop users with Internet connection, cell phone owners, hospital patients, inhabitants in the vicinity of a nuclear power station, students in a digital library or customers in a supermarket are dependent on their correct operation. Computers are incredibly fast, inexpensive and equipped with almost unimag- able large storage capacity. Up to 100 million transistors per chip are quite common today - a single transistor for each citizen of a large capital city in the world can be 2 easily accommodated on an ordinary chip. The size of such a chip is less than 1 cm . This is a fantastic achievement for an unbelievably low price. However, the very small and rapidly decreasing dimensions of the transistors and their connections over the years are also the reason for growing problems with reliability that will dramatically increase for the na-techlogies in the near future. Can we always trust computers? Are computers always reliable? Are chips suf- ciently tested with respect to all possible permanent faults if we buy them at a low price or have errors due to undetected permanent faults to be discovered by c- current checking? Besides permanent faults, many temporary or transient faults are also to be expected.
- Author(s)Daniel Marienfeld,Egor Sogomonyan,Michael Goessel,Vitaly Ocheretny
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication09/05/2008
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Series TitleFrontiers in Electronic Testing
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 42
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight990 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.