All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.58Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.08Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.33Trending at AU $76.94
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $27.17Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionDesign between Tradition and Invation new olds presents sixty exhibits that explore design between tradition and invation. Design has a short and highly successful history in the West. Outside the western hemisphere too design is gaining significance, and t just as a profession. What are seen as successful idioms are copied and varied, but many of the motifs that are sold as new actually derive from a historical context and formal idiom, and are self-contained products of one country or culture, representing a new interpretation of traditional forms. Designers today are taking a keen interest in tradition in both a strategic and formal and aesthetic sense in recycling and redesign, by transforming design classics and using traditional methods for new materials. The exhibition new olds. Design between Tradition and Invation is the latest in a series of design exhibitions in which the Institut fur Auslandsbeziehungen e.V. (ifa) focuses on specific trends in design. With contributions from: Volker Albus (curator), Renny Ramakers, Gerrit Terstiege, Wolfgang Ullrich. Book to accompany international exhibition.
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectDesign & Commercial Art
- Place of PublicationStuttgart
- Country of PublicationGermany
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations
- Weight839 g
- Width163 mm
- Height206 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Sewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.