Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $94.99Trending at AU $106.80
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.51
- AU $104.90Trending at AU $118.13
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $108.21
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $107.74
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $106.06
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.61
About this product
- DescriptionWith proven pedagogy that emphasizes critical-thinking, problem-solving, and in-depth coverage, New Perspectives helps students develop the Microsoft Office 2013 skills they need to be successful in college and beyond. Updated with all new case-based tutorials, New Perspectives Microsoft Office 2013 continues to engage students in applying skills to real-world situations, making concepts relevant. A new Troubleshoot case problem enhances critical thinking, and a new tutorial on Managing Your Files helps students navigate Windows 8. As always, New Perspectives improves learning outcomes and transference of skills by helping students understand why what they're learning is important.
- Author BiographyMs. Ann Shaffer has contributed to several books about computers, including NEW PERSPECTIVES ON MICROSOFT(R) WORD. She began a career in textbook publishing as a Development Editor for William C. Brown and is now a freelance technical editor and writer. Ms. Shaffer holds a Master's degree in English from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. June Parsons purchased her first computer, an Apple II+, in 1981 and quickly became fluent in BASIC, dBASE II, Lotus 123, WordStar, and a variety of accounting programs. The next year she opened a successful small computer retail store with Dan Oja that also offered software instruction to children and adults. Dr. Parsons taught at the university level for more than 20 years. She holds a doctorate in Educational Technology and was certified by the ICCP in 1995. Dr. Parsons began writing and creating educational software for Course Technology in 1992. She contributed to the Windows for Business and Illustrated Series and developed the New Perspectives, e-Course, and Practical series. She works via the Internet with a team of highly skilled media specialists and desktop publishers located in various states and provinces. An esteemed professional and respected author, Dan Oja, along with June Parsons, purchased an Apple II+ in 1981 and quickly became fluent in BASIC, dBASE II, Lotus 123, WordStar, and a variety of accounting programs. The next year, he and Dr. Parsons opened a successful small computer retail store that offered software instruction to children and adults. With Dr. Parsons, Mr. Oja began writing and creating educational software for Course Technology in 1992. Together, they contributed to the leading success of the Windows for Business and Illustrated Series. They also developed the New Perspectives, e-Course, and Practical series. Today, Mr. Oja's and Dr. Parson's team of highly skilled media specialists and desktop publishers located in various states and provinces work together via the Internet to deliver exceptional texts. Mr. Patrick Carey received his M.S. in Biostatistics from the University of Wisconsin, where he worked as a researcher designing and analyzing clinical studies. He co-authored his first textbook on using Excel as a statistical tool. Today, Mr. Carey has authored or co-authored more than 20 leading academic and trade texts for the software industry. Kathleen Finnegan is a co-author on New Perspectives on Microsoft(R) Access(R) and has edited and managed many other successful textbooks on Microsoft(R) applications for Cengage Learning's Course Technology. She has taught various computer courses for corporate training and high-tech companies and has developed courseware as both a technical writer and editor, with over 20 years of experience in this field.
- Author(s)Ann Shaffer,Dan Oja,June Jamrich Parsons,Kathy Finnegan,Patrick Carey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication19/06/2013
- SubjectSoftware Packages
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Content Noteillustrations (colour)
- Weight2020 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine35 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.