Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $41.94Trending at AU $81.93
- AU $65.90Trending at AU $72.27
- AU $64.90Trending at AU $71.26
- AU $93.88Trending at AU $107.07
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $104.10
- AU $55.80Trending at AU $56.95
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.28
About this product
- DescriptionNEW PERSPECTIVES ON MICROSOFT WINDOWS 8, International Edition takes a critical-thinking approach to teaching Windows 8 concepts and skills. In addition to in-depth coverage of essential topics, this book also covers some of the coolest new features to the Windows Operating System including Apps, the Charms Bar, mobile computing, and touch screen capabilities. The New Perspectives Series also has new pedagogical elements to help students with all learning styles absorb key information. The Visual Overview at the beginning of each tutorial gives students a graphic view of the content, as well as a study guide for later use. ProSkill Boxes and Exercises provide students with information and practice on Professional Skills that relate to that tutorial's content. Troubleshoot Exercises provide an opportunity for students to apply their skills in a critical thinking setting.
- Author BiographyJune Parsons purchased her first computer, an Apple II+, in 1981 and quickly became fluent in BASIC, dBASE II, Lotus 123, WordStar, and a variety of accounting programs. The next year she opened a successful small computer retail store with Dan Oja that also offered software instruction to children and adults. Dr. Parsons taught at the university level for more than 20 years. She holds a doctorate in Educational Technology and was certified by the ICCP in 1995. Dr. Parsons began writing and creating educational software for Course Technology in 1992. She contributed to the Windows for Business and Illustrated Series and developed the New Perspectives, e-Course, and Practical series. She works via the Internet with a team of highly skilled media specialists and desktop publishers located in various states and provinces. An esteemed professional and respected author, Dan Oja, along with June Parsons, purchased an Apple II+ in 1981 and quickly became fluent in BASIC, dBASE II, Lotus 123, WordStar, and a variety of accounting programs. The next year, he and Dr. Parsons opened a successful small computer retail store that offered software instruction to children and adults. With Dr. Parsons, Mr. Oja began writing and creating educational software for Course Technology in 1992. Together, they contributed to the leading success of the Windows for Business and Illustrated Series. They also developed the New Perspectives, e-Course, and Practical series. Today, Mr. Oja's and Dr. Parson's team of highly skilled media specialists and desktop publishers located in various states and provinces work together via the Internet to deliver exceptional texts. Lisa Ruffolo has been a technical writer and editor for over 20 years, with a recent emphasis on operating systems. She also teaches professional development courses in technical writing at the University of Wisconsin-Madison and is an avid gardener in her free time.
- Author(s)Dan Oja,Joan Carey,June Jamrich Parsons,Lisa Ruffolo,Patrick Carey
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication31/12/2012
- SubjectComputing: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Weight250 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine4 mm
- Edition StatementInternational edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.