All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.99Trending at AU $75.23
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.11
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $71.05
- AU $100.89Trending at AU $103.87
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.29
- AU $57.95Trending at AU $58.89
- AU $99.99Trending at AU $113.02
About this product
- DescriptionNew Perspectives on the European Bildungsroman reflects the change in direction of research on the Bildungsroman, focusing on more psychological, authorial and feminist contents. Departing from the father of the prototype of the genre, Goethe, the authors trace imperative pathways to its French, British, and Italian counterparts, examining spiritual and female Bildungsromane. A wide-ranging analysis provides fresh insights into the genre through comparative analyses of Bildungsromane both diatopically and diachronically, while critical analysis of vels such as Voltaire's Candide, Charlotte Bront's Jane Eyre, Charles Dickens's David Copperfield, Collodi's Picchio, Aleramo's Una donna present new readings of the characters, plots and purposes of the most famous European vels.
- Author BiographyLisa Downward is Assistant Professor of Italian at Marist College, New York, USA. Giovanna Summerfield is Associate Professor of Italian and French at Auburn University, USA.
- Author(s)Giovanna Summerfield,Lisa Downward
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight302 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.