All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $47.31Trending at AU $49.44
- AU $77.99Trending at AU $116.29
- AU $28.59Trending at AU $31.02
- AU $70.18Trending at AU $77.15
- AU $74.52Trending at AU $76.54
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $26.74Trending at AU $37.56
About this product
- DescriptionNew primary leaders face significant challenges worldwide and this book brings together the range of those experiences and challenges for the first time. It includes interviews with primary school leaders in the early years of leadership in 12 different countries. Each chapter begins with an introduction to the principal and the local context before the principal's own description of her or his experience as a new leader. The leaders discuss how they prepared for principalship, their experiences after taking up the post, the extent to which the job meets with their expectations and their hopes and fears for the future. The final chapter provides a comparative overview, exploring new principals perceptions of key influences on schools and their communities, their reactions to the multiple, heightened and often conflicting expectations, pressures and challenges they encounter and the implications for principal preparation internationally. The voices of principals from around the world provide a vivid and authentic picture of new school leaders in different contexts at the beginning of the 21st Century.
- Author BiographyMichael Cowie is Academic Co-ordinator of the Scottish Qualification for Headship in the Centre for Educational Leadership at the University of Edinburgh, UK. A former secondary school teacher, Michael was previously Senior Lecturer at the University of Aberdeen in Scotland and Director of the North of Scotland Headteacher Preparation Consortium.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication04/08/2011
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight523 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byMichael Cowie
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.