Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
About this product
- DescriptionThe contributions in this volume cover a wide range of theoretical and methodological issues and raise a number of new questions that indicate the future direction of grammaticalization studies. The volume focuses on issues such as grammaticalization and lexicalization; the unidirectionality hypothesis; the issue of the relevance of contexts for grammaticalization; the description of grammaticalization paths. Much of the current work concentrates on such categories, as discourse markers, horifics or classifiers, which have t previously been central to works on grammaticalization. Other studies take a new perspective on kwn grammaticalization paths by applying concepts adopted from other linguistic fields, such as prototype theory, morphocentricity, or by discussing their findings from a comparative or typological angle, presenting data from a large number of languages, often based on extensive empirical investigations of written and spoken text corpora.
- PublisherJohn Benjamins Publishing Co
- Date of Publication12/04/2002
- Series TitleTypological Studies in Language
- Series Part/Volume Number49
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintBenjamins (John) North America Inc.,US
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight610 g
- Width160 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine0 mm
- Edited byGabriele Diewald,Ilse Wischer
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.