All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.86
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.37
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $75.12
- AU $31.50Trending at AU $37.08
- AU $25.48Trending at AU $28.32
- AU $9.83Trending at AU $13.35
About this product
- DescriptionAfter punk, pop culture wanted to dazzle again. Fashion and style were the means and the New Romantics took them to the limit. But the New Romantic movement was more than just a reaction against the anti-glamour of punk - and the music was only part of the story. The first in-depth book about British Pop's most flamboyant movement. The clubs and cabarets, the clothes, the glitter, the make-up, the hair, the fashion, the attitude and the style all made up The Look - and the Look was everything. The New Romantics explores the varied roots of the movement, using interviews with the stars and tracing a range of influences from David Bowie to the movie Cabaret and the Berlin of the 1930s. Includes interviews with Martin Kemp, Boy George and Steve Strange.
- Author BiographyMusic journalist and travel writer, Dave Rimmer is the author of Like Punk Never Happened and Once Upon A Time In The East. His work has appeared in many magazines, including Q and The Face. He divides his time between London and Berlin.
- Author(s)Dave Rimmer
- PublisherOmnibus Press
- Date of Publication30/10/2013
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOmnibus Press
- Out-of-print date17/06/2015
- Content Notecolour photos
- Width230 mm
- Height290 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.