All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $46.25Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $3.73Trending at AU $7.41
- AU $27.04Trending at AU $31.41
- AU $70.90Trending at AU $78.37
- AU $19.24Trending at AU $24.20
- AU $22.60Trending at AU $23.15
- AU $36.89Trending at AU $46.18
About this product
- DescriptionThrough in-depth interviews with 22 New Agers and Neo-Pagans, this study proposes a new model of religious identity from a sociological standpoint. The analysis demonstrates that in spite of their great diversity of beliefs and lack of strong organizational ties, a discernible community of alternative spiritualists does exist. This volume will appeal t only to scholars of the sociology of religion, but also to sociologists interested in community building, social movements, and self-identity.
- Author BiographyJON P. BLOCH is Assistant Professor of Sociology at Southern Connecticut State University./e His research and teaching interests include social theory, sociology of religion, and sociology of sex and gender.
- Author(s)Jon P. Bloch
- Date of Publication28/10/1998
- SubjectAlternative Belief Systems
- Series TitleReligion in the Age of Transformation
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPraeger Publishers Inc
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.