Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $88.03
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.75
- AU $40.19Trending at AU $43.08
About this product
- DescriptionNew State Formations in Education Policy: Reflections from Spain explores globalization, shifting state spaces and education in relation to a diverse set of processes including democratization, decentralization, and Europeanization. The book offers a unique perspective on education policy formation in the modern nation state, in which education policy-makers have to take into account and negotiate t only pressures related to devolution and regionalization, but also policy ideas emanating from the developing European agenda and tions circulating within the global space. In this way, education policy concepts are t only formed in relation to national-regional dynamics, but are influenced more broadly by a complex set of supranational and global considerations. While the book focuses on Spain, this study reflects the growing influence of globalization on national systems of education. The book, therefore, will be of interest to those engaged in studies of globalization and education, and those with an interest in the contemporary political, cultural, and educational context of Europe.
- Author(s)Laura C Engel
- PublisherSense Publishers
- Date of Publication18/12/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSense Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight404 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsSewn,Cloth over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.