All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNew Stories from the Midwest presents a collection of stories that celebrate an American region too often igred in discussions about distinctive regional literature. The editors solicited minations from more than 300 magazines, literary journals, and small presses and narrowed the selection to 19 authors. The stories, written by Midwestern writers or focusing on the Midwest, demonstrate that the quality of fiction from and about the heart of the country rivals that of any other region. Guest editor John McNally introduces the anthology, which features short fiction by Charles Baxter, Dan Chaon, Christopher Mohar, Rebecca Makkai, Lee Martin, and others.
- Author BiographyJohn McNally is the author of three novels (After the Workshop, America's Report Card, and The Book of Ralph), two story collections (Ghosts of Chicago and Troublemakers), and two books about writing (Vivid and Continuous and The Creative Writer's Survival Guide).
- PublisherIndiana University Press
- Date of Publication22/03/2013
- SubjectShort Stories & Fiction Anthologies
- Place of PublicationBloomington, IN
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintIndiana University Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight409 g
- Width3887 mm
- Height5817 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJason Lee Brown,Shanie Latham
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $20.42Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $23.42Trending at AU $26.51
- AU $13.21Trending at AU $15.01
- AU $56.62Trending at AU $60.36
- AU $11.92Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $7.48Trending at AU $11.95
- AU $19.09Trending at AU $23.74
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.