Save on Fiction Books
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $72.53
- AU $92.82Trending at AU $103.78
- AU $66.82Trending at AU $74.72
- AU $20.99Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $41.02Trending at AU $43.51
- AU $19.73Trending at AU $22.71
- AU $27.95Trending at AU $29.68
About this product
- DescriptionMixing outlaw humour, sci-fi adventure and cutting social criticism, original 'Dread Lord' of Cyberpunk, John Shirley, draws upon his arsenal of narrative and commentary in New Taboos. The title piece is Shirley's prescription for a radical re-visioning of America. A new short story, 'State of Imprisonment', is a horrifying and hilarious look at the privatization of the prison industry. The 1% get their comeuppance in 'Where the Market's Hottest.' And Shirley's TED address (delivered in Brussels, 2011) presents a proudly contrarian view of the next forty years.
- Author BiographyJohn Shirley is one of the original Dread Lords of Cyberpunk who brought a new noir sensibility to SF and Fantasy in the 1990s. He is the author of numerous books and many short stories, including the novels Bleak History, Crawlers, Demons, In Darkness Waiting, and the seminal cyberpunk works City Come A-Walkin' and A Song Called Youth trilogy of Eclipse, Eclipse Penumbra, and Eclipse Corona. His collections include the Bram Stoker and International Horror Guild Award-winning Black Butterflies, Living Shadows, and In Extremis. As a musician, he has fronted his own bands and written lyrics for Blue Oyster Cult and others. He lives in San Francisco.
- Author(s)John Shirley
- PublisherPM Press
- Date of Publication27/06/2013
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Place of PublicationOakland
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPM Press
- Weight113 g
- Width140 mm
- Height190 mm
- Spine15 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.