New Technology-Based Firms in the New Millennium: Vol. 4 by Emerald Publishing Limited (Hardback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $468.50+ postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by booktopia_australia
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $103.94+ AU $4.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by whattaplace
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $96.53
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionThis eleventh volume derived from the Annual International High Techlogy Small Firms (HTSFs) Conference, and the edited book series of which it forms part, is a detailed testimony to the progress of academic research on this specialist, but highly important, area of industrial activity. In particular, research from this series is intended to provide a basis for new evidence-based government policy, although governments in many developed ecomies have often been seduced by fads , in circumstances where policy solutions are crudely adopted without convincing evidence of their efficacy. None the less, it is most important for academics, although they may be occasionally igred, to continue to pursue independent research of the type contained within this series in order to provide research-based policy options, and commentary on the quality of the current policy environment for HTSFs in different national contexts. As in the case of previous volumes in this series, the current collection of papers inform many issues important to policy as governments seek to promote HTSF formation and growth. In this volume individual papers are grouped into three main sections; these are Theory , Strategy and Clustering and Spin Off Firms . Regarding Theory, all five papers grouped under this heading are concerned, either with high techlogy entrepreneurship in general, or academic high techlogy small firm entrepreneurship in particular, with four of the five papers strongly focussed on academic entrepreneurial examples. The Strategy section is again comprised of five papers, which broadly explore how diverse business ideas are operationalised in terms of strategy. A long standing interest in academic spin-offs in this book series has been more recently re-invigorated by a sudden interest in clustering which, through the related topics of incubation, science park formation and sub-regional high techlogy clustering has prompted linked research on the formation and growth of HTSFs in specialist locations, mainly through spin off. In the final Clustering and Spin Off section, the four individual papers are either concerned with how spin offs can contribute to HTSF cluster growth in industrial districts, or in the environs of major core regional universities.
- PublisherEmerald Publishing Limited
- Date of Publication30/11/2005
- SubjectManagement Techniques: Professional
- Series TitleNew Technology Based Firms in the New Millennium
- Series Part/Volume Numberv. 4
- Place of PublicationKidlington
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElsevier Science Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight586 g
- Width165 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edited byRay Oakey,Seleema Kauser,W. During
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.