All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $79.95Trending at AU $91.09
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers an engaging look at the debates surrounding the benefits and dangers of the increasing use of techlogy in eduaction. New Techlogy and Education explores the benefits and dangers of the increasing use of techlogy in education, drawing on different cultural perspectives from across the globe to consider a variety of viewpoints. The reader is encouraged to engage with each facet of the debate considering the philosophical, psychological and sociological implications of the relationship between techlogy and education. Recent debates and developments are considered, including: What is the relationship between creativity, education and new techlogy? Are subject boundaries blurred by the use of new techlogies? How do we plan for techlogies becoming redundant? Reflective exercises, interviews, chapter summaries and useful websites encourage and support student learning and the application of new concepts. This series presents an authoritative, coherent and focused collection of core texts to introduce the contemporary issues that are covered in Education Studies, and related programmes. Each book develops a key theme in contemporary education, such as: Multiculturalism; The social construction of childhood; Urban education; eLearning and multimedia; and, Language and literacy. A key feature of this series is the critical exploration of education in times of rapid change, with links made between such developments in wider social, cultural, political and ecomic contexts. Further, contextualised extracts from important primary texts, such as Bourdieu, Piaget and Vygotsky, will ensure students' exposure to dominant contemporary theories in the field of education. Grounded in a strong conceptual, theoretical framework and presented in an accessible way with the use of features such as case studies, activities and visual devices to encourage and support student learning and the application of new concepts, this series will serve well as collection of core texts for the Education Studies student and lecturer.
- Author BiographyAnthony Edwards is Director of Education Studies at Liverpool Hope University, UK.
- Author(s)Anthony Edwards
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication19/01/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleContemporary Issues in Education Studies
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight499 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.