All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly topical book deals with the new frontiers of digital television addressing the challenges it faces as a result of the upsurge of new and converging digital techlogies. In a world which has developed online interactivity and new roles for its users, a new scenario of the domestic sphere is emerging where television has lost its dominance within audiovisual products to the Internet, videogames, tablets, mobile phones, and more. Contemporary digital television is thus a field where different platforms, languages and formats compete in order to become the dominant standard for the future. In this new TV ecosystem audiences are negotiating their identities and are implementing practices of use which are redesigning the entire processes for TV production and consumption.
- Author BiographyAlberto Abruzzese is professor of the sociology of communication at IULM University, Milan. Nello Barile teaches media studies and sociology of cultural processes at IULM University in Milan. Julian Gebhardt is a senior researcher and consultant in innovation and design at the HPI School of Design Thinking, Potsdam. Jane Vincent is a visiting research fellow with the Digital World Research Centre, University of Surrey. Leopoldina Fortunati teaches sociology of communication and culture and is Director of the PhD Program at the University of Udine.
- PublisherPeter Lang GmbH
- Date of Publication18/10/2012
- SubjectCommunication & Media
- Series TitleParticipation in Broadband Society
- Series Part/Volume Number7
- Place of PublicationFrankfurt am Main
- Country of PublicationGermany
- First Published2012
- ImprintPeter Lang GmbH
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight390 g
- Width148 mm
- Height210 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byAlberto Abruzzese,Jane Vincent,Julian Gebhardt,Nello Barile
- Edition Statement1st New edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.