All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.88
- AU $5.99Trending at AU $8.24
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.83
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.29
- AU $67.69Trending at AU $74.89
- AU $31.51Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $44.51Trending at AU $47.12
About this product
- DescriptionThis book provides a general introduction to the grammar and syntax of Hellenistic, or New Testament, Greek. With twenty-four chapters, it is suitable for two-semester courses. Each lesson is structured around equipping students to read passages drawn directly from the Greek New Testament. In addition to the traditional Erasmian system, students are offered the option of using a historical Greek system of pronunciation similar to that used in early Christian preaching and prayer. The book includes extensive reference tools, including paradigms for memorization, grammatical appendices and illustrations. The text is accompanied by a website that offers a workbook of passages for translation. Each chapter of the grammar concludes with a vocabulary list of Greek terms that appear in that lesson's assigned passage for translation, found in the online workbook. Audio recordings of all vocabulary words and translation passages, using the historical Greek system of pronunciation, are provided online.
- Author BiographyB. H. McLean is currently Professor of New Testament Language and Literature at Knox College, University of Toronto. He is the author of An Introduction to the Study of Greek Epigraphy of the Hellenistic and Roman Periods from Alexander the Great down to the Reign of Constantine (323 BCE-337 CE) (2002) and Greek and Latin Inscriptions in the Konya Archaeological Museum (2002). He has taught introductory New Testament Greek for over twenty years in four institutions, using a variety of textbooks and serves as the Greek examiner for biblical doctoral candidates at the Toronto School of Theology.
- Author(s)B. H. McLean
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication31/10/2011
- LanguageEnglish & Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note30 b/w illus. 1 map 30 exercises
- Weight600 g
- Width215 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.