CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $34.30Trending at AU $35.14
- AU $14.50Trending at AU $17.20
- AU $8.59Trending at AU $14.01
- AU $21.17Trending at AU $25.58
- AU $72.88Trending at AU $77.86
- AU $91.99Trending at AU $100.05
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $34.60
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by a former vice president of Wolters Kluwer, the leading international publishing group. This authoritative book addresses the compelling question: how will the publishing profession survive and thrive in the 21st century? Publishing companies today find themselves in the midst of a sea change in the nature of the content they create; the modes of its delivery; the converging of content and service; and even in the structure of the publishing industry itself. Today, at the beginning of the 21st century we are witnessing an accelerating change in the transition from traditional printing and printing - and publishing-on-demand to online and wireless delivery of content. One of the questions that will be discussed in this book is whether new electronic publishing techlogies can help to structure and organise the publishing industry in this transitional period and assist the book and the other former traditional print publications to find their rightful place in a new dynamic environment. The aim of this books is to provide the reader of a blueprint - a concept for a roadmap - that may guide him or her into the new t so level and even uncharted playing fields of the 21st century. The main themes of the book are: publishing houses have to rethink and reformulate their strategy and tactics in the information chain to recover lost ground and recapture lost positions in the information market; readers and users of information are t all the same but have very different profiles, tastes and behaviour; the value of information can be measured only in the context of the quality of tis content and its enchancements and specific applications in the market.
- Author BiographyDr Joost Kist was vice-president and member of the executive board of Wolters Kluwer, a leading international publishing group. He chaired the Electronic Publishing Committee of the International Publishers Association. Dr Kist has written and published various articles and books about electronic publishing, information and communication science, innovation in the publishing industry.
- Author(s)Joost Kist
- PublisherWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/2008
- SubjectIndustrial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationWitney
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintChandos Publishing (Oxford) Ltd
- Out-of-print date06/01/2017
- Weight430 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.