All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $70.99
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.73
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.29
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.09
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $36.97
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.76
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $85.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis title offers cutting-edge overview of current research and invations in corpus-based and corpus-driven language teaching and learning. This book provides an up-to-date snapshot of recent research and developments in the use of corpora for language learning and teaching. It is divided into three parts. Part I focusses on invative uses of corpora by language teachers and learners. These cover the world's first corpus-based TV program for the teaching of English conversation, as well as corpus-based approaches to the teaching of EAP, cultural studies and translation. Part II focuses on new corpus-based tools for LSP learning. Part III illustrates research findings from corpora consisting of language learner data and discusses their implications for language teaching and learning. It will appeal to scholars in both language teaching and learning and corpus and computational linguistics. The Corpus and Discourse series consists of two strands. The first, Research in Corpus and Discourse , features invative contributions to various aspects of corpus linguistics and a wide range of applications, from language techlogy via the teaching of a second language to a history of mentalities. The second strand, Studies in Corpus and Discourse , is comprised of key texts bridging the gap between social studies and linguistics. Although equally academically rigorous, this strand will be aimed at a wider audience of academics and postgraduate students working in both disciplines.
- Author BiographyAna Frankenburg-Garcia is Auxiliary Professor at the Instituto Superior de Linguas e Administracao and Universidada Nova de Lisboa, Portugal Guy Aston is Professor of English Language and Translation, University of Bologna, Italy. Lynne Flowerdew is a Senior Lecturer at Hong Kong University of Science and Technology, China.
- PublisherContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Date of Publication20/01/2011
- Series TitleCorpus and Discourse
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintContinuum Publishing Corporation
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight603 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edited byAna Frankenberg-Garcia,Guy Aston,Lynne Flowerdew
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.