All listings for this product
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $71.29
- AU $32.44Trending at AU $38.14
- AU $45.07Trending at AU $52.06
- AU $33.00Trending at AU $35.68
- AU $20.16Trending at AU $25.71
- AU $30.12Trending at AU $32.49
- AU $28.45Trending at AU $29.55
About this product
- DescriptionOriginally published: Washington City: Printed for the Author, by Way and Gideon, 1823. , 316 pp. Hardcover. New. Reprint of the uncommon first edition of the fourth and last of Taylor's books on the United States Constitution. Little-kwn today, Taylor's work is of great significance in the political and intellectual history of the South and essential for understanding the constitutional theories that Southerners asserted to justify secession in 1861. Taylor was a leading advocate of states' rights, agrarianism and a strict construction of the Constitution in the political battles of the 1790s. Taylor and myself have rarely, if ever, differed in any political principle of importance. -- Thomas Jefferson. Later Southern political leaders, tably John C. Calhoun, shared this opinion. Kwn as John Taylor of Caroline [1753-1824], Taylor fought in the Revolutionary War and served briefly in the Virginia House of Delegates before he became a Senator from Virginia. Taylor was the author of Construction Construed and Constitutions Vindicated, A Defence of the Measures of the Administration of Thomas Jefferson, attributed to Curtius, An Inquiry into the Principles and Policy of the Government of the United States and other works
- Author(s)John Taylor
- PublisherLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Date of Publication28/06/2010
- SubjectNational Law: Professional
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight644 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.