All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $37.83Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.11
- AU $92.88Trending at AU $102.82
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $84.79
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.12
- AU $57.63Trending at AU $60.49
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $24.54
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, w in paperback, demonstrates how contemporary children's texts draw on utopian and dystopian tropes in their projections of possible futures, exploring ways in which children's texts respond to social change and global politics. The book argues that children's texts are crucially implicated in shaping the values of their readers.
- Author BiographyCLARE BRADFORD is Professor of Literature at Deakin University, Melbourne, Australia. She works in children's literature, focusing on postcolonial theory and texts. Her 2001 book Reading Race won both the ChLA Book Award and also the IRSCL Award. Her most recent book is Unsettling Narratives: Postcolonial Readings of Children's Literature. ROBYN MCCALLUM is a Lecturer in English Literature at Macquarie University, Australia, where she works in children's literature, with a particular focus on adolescent fiction and visual media. Her book Ideologies of Identity in Adolescent Fiction received the IRSCL Honour book award in 2001. She is also co-author, with John Stephens, of Retelling Stories, Framing Culture. KERRY MALLAN is Professor in Education at the Queensland University of Technology, Australia. Her resarch interests include all aspects of children's literature and film, with particular focus on gender and sexuality. Her book Youth Cultures: Texts, Images and Identities (co-edited with Sharyn Pearce) won the IRSCL Honour book award 2003. JOHN STEPHENS is Professor in English at Macquarie University, Australia. He is the author of Language and Ideology in Children's Fiction (a ChLA Honour Book) and edited Ways of Being Male (an IRSCL Honour Book). His research deals with the impact of cultural forms on children's literature.
- Author(s)Clare Bradford,John Stephens,Kerry Mallan,Robyn McCallum
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication13/03/2008
- SubjectLiterary Criticism
- Series TitleCritical Approaches to Children's Literature
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2008
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight323 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.