Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $90.88Trending at AU $93.04
- AU $28.71Trending at AU $30.82
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $78.83
- AU $34.29Trending at AU $38.68
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $17.94
- AU $36.48Trending at AU $41.21
- AU $30.17Trending at AU $33.12
About this product
- DescriptionThe proceedings contain papers accepted for the XVIIth ISPE International Conference on Concurrent Engineering, held in Cracow, Poland, September 6-10, 2010. No matter how diversified concurrent engineering (CE) may be, there is certainly a direction common to all the CE research and applications. The reader will find that, although each paper deals with different issues, the main thrust of most of the papers contained in New World Situation: New Directions in Concurrent Engineering is towards the human, i.e., viewing a designer as human, engineer as human, customer as human, and even a kwledge engineering as human. This trend is also reflected in session organization: design kwledge utilization and kwledge engineering, product design and development, lean product development, human centric product design and development, advanced manufacturing and mass customization, and advanced manufacturing.
- Author BiographyJerzy Pokojski is the author of IPA - Concepts and Applications in Engineering (Springer) and the host of CE2010 in Poland. Shuichi Fukuda received his doctoral degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Tokyo. After working in the Department of Precision Machinery, University of Tokyo, he moved to the Welding Research Institute, Osaka University. Later he worked concurrently at the Institute of Industrial Science, University of Tokyo. He became Full Professor of Systems and Management Engineering at the Tokyo Metropolitan Institute of Technology and was also Visiting Professor at West Virginia University, Stanford University, Osaka University and Cranfield University. Since his retirement, he has continued in his position as Visiting Professor at Cranfield University, as well as working as Consulting Professor at Stanford University and concurrently as Visiting Professor at the Open University of Japan. Jozef Salwinski is Deputy Dean in the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and Robotics at AGH University of Science and Technology. He is the author of various scientific articles and publications concerning machine design.
- PublisherSpringer London Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2010
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleAdvanced Concurrent Engineering
- Place of PublicationEngland
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSpringer London Ltd
- Content Note62 black & white tables
- Weight1056 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine34 mm
- Edited byJerzy Pokojski,Jozef Salwinski,Shuichi Fukuda
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.