All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $85.57
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $72.97
- AU $74.00Trending at AU $85.24
- AU $46.35Trending at AU $48.13
- AU $81.00Trending at AU $84.05
- AU $20.00Trending at AU $28.33
- AU $31.65Trending at AU $34.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis updated edition of one of the most popular guides to New York's architecture includes 15 walking tours of the city's most important structures and neighborhoods. Along with easy-to-follow street maps and travel directions, readers will find fascinating and rare details that put architectural history into fascinating context. The updates include: a new Foreword that discusses the events of September 11th and its widespread effects on Lower Manhattan; revised maps and travel directions; new landmark designations, obtained from the New York City Landmarks Preservation Commission; and a revised Recommended Reading list.
- Author BiographyGerard R. Wolfe is widely regarded as a leading authority on New York's history and architecture. The author of books, articles, and book reviews on his native city, he has also lectured widely and conducted tours,not only in New York City environs, but also in the Midwest and the Southwest. Among his publications are The Synagogues of New York's Lower East Side, The House of Appleton: The History of a Publisher, Forty-Second Street: River to River Guide, and the prize-winning Chicago: In and Around the Loop, as well as a series of essays for The Encyclopedia of New York City. He is a graduate of City University of New York, with a master's degree from New York University and a doctorate in American Studies from Union Institute in Cincinnati. He served for many years as a senior administrator at New York University's School of Continuing Education and, most recently, as Director of Arts & Liberal Studies at the University of Wisconsin--Milwaukee.
- Author(s)Gerard R. Wolfe
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/04/2003
- SubjectWalking / Hiking & Activity Maps & Guides
- Series TitleP/L Custom Scoring Survey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Professional
- Content Note325 illustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width160 mm
- Height226 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.