Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $81.40
- AU $166.95Trending at AU $170.82
- AU $105.90Trending at AU $118.00
- AU $98.79Trending at AU $109.01
- AU $104.89Trending at AU $107.40
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $92.78Trending at AU $105.95
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is the first to examine the English spoken in New York City comprehensively, including pronunciation, grammar, and discourse. Using sources from classic studies to original data, Newman describes New Yorkers' speech in a way that is linguistically rigorous yet accessible to n-specialists. The book also shows how the linguistic similarities and differences among New Yorkers are rooted in social, cultural, and historical factors.
- Author BiographyMichael Newman, Queens College, USA.
- Author(s)Michael Newman
- PublisherDe Gruyter
- Date of Publication29/09/2014
- Series TitleDialects of English [DOE]
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDe Gruyter Mouton
- Weight396 g
- Width155 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Interest AgeCollege Graduate Student
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.