All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionExclusive access to the most wonderfully crafted interiors that New York has to offer. Effortlessly glamorous and charming, the Big Apple remains a constant source of inspiration for artists and designers. The harmonious coexistence of the traditional and the modern defines the city's unique style, and showcases its most alluring qualities. Luxury apartments with magnificent paneling hung with masterly paintings, a glass house eagle's nest on top of an art deco skyscraper, delightful brick townhouses with front gardens reminiscent of those in a picturesque village; this is what makes New York special. New York Interiors offers exclusive access into 17 homes of prominent New York interior designers and antique dealers, showcasing a fantastic variety of colorful, bold, elegant, intriguing, and refined interiors. It offers insight into how these style setters decorate their own personal dwellings, providing endless inspiration for contemporary interior design. Barbara and Rene Stoeltie's thrilling journey takes us on a geographical and stylistic exploration of the city, from the eclectic brilliance at antiquarian Louis Bofferding's on Lexington Avenue, to James Joseph and Scott Frankel's meticulously restored country dwelling, via the dizzying heights of John Saladi's exquisite Olympic Tower apartment. Each unique property is captured in magnificent photographs that highlight the balancing of elements from different cultures and epochs, and the thoughtful selection of accessories or antiques that make each an interior special, providing fresh ideas for the home.
- Author BiographyBarbara and Rene Stoeltie, writer and photographer respectively, have collaborated on over forty art, lifestyle, and interiors books, including Parisian Interiors: Bold, Elegant, Refined (Flammarion, 2011). They have also published articles in numerous prestigious magazines. Manhattan resident Kenneth Jay Lane is a renowned costume jewelry designer and has created bespoke pieces for Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis and Audrey Hepburn.
- Author(s)Barbara Stoeltie
- PublisherEditions Flammarion
- Date of Publication05/03/2012
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Place of PublicationParis
- Country of PublicationFrance
- Content Noteill
- Weight1900 g
- Width242 mm
- Height325 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Photographs byRene Stoeltie
- Foreword byKenneth Jay Lane
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $9.86Trending at AU $16.84
- AU $11.51Trending at AU $18.82
- AU $24.83Trending at AU $25.31
- AU $64.07Trending at AU $74.95
- AU $28.70Trending at AU $37.00
- AU $44.73Trending at AU $47.15
- AU $25.61Trending at AU $28.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.