All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis unique new guide to New York dispenses with boring lists and dry descriptions and instead invites the user to discover different facets of the city through a series of fifty highly original, entertaining themed maps. Each of these inventive maps is illustrated in full colour on subjects that range from the lighthearted (Famous Movie Locations) and whimsical (Where to Lose Your Children) to classic tourist itineraries (How to Find Manhattan Neighborhoods). The book includes something for everyone, from a map of the best spots to take a selfie to the landmarks of hip-hop. Some maps focus on the practical or exotic, while others reveal the city's forgotten or little-kwn corners. Taken together, the fifty maps create an extensive and exciting alternative to traditional guides. Contributing illustrators who were commissioned to create a map for this book include some well-kwn as well as up-and-coming illustrators: Jean Jullien, Gianpaolo Pagni, Chloe Poizat, Christian Roux, and Quentin Vijoux.
- Author BiographyGaspard Walter is a French writer and photographer who spent more than ten years traveling around the world. He is the designer and author of a popular series of travel books in French called the Ticket to guides.
- PublisherUniverse Publishing
- Date of Publication29/03/2016
- FormatOther book format
- SubjectStreet Maps & City Plans
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniverse Publishing
- Content Note50 colour maps
- Weight272 g
- Width229 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byGaspard Walter
Save on Travel Guides
- AU $81.77Trending at AU $87.03
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $45.24
- AU $34.95Trending at AU $36.10
- AU $41.49Trending at AU $42.52
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $31.75
- AU $12.95Trending at AU $16.24
- AU $28.16Trending at AU $30.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.