All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionColour is where it's all happening in photography today, and New York City is colour photography's greatest subject. New York in Colour presents the best colour photography of New York over the last century and celebrates one of the world's most visually vibrant cities. From such iconic landmarks as Times Square, Central Park, and Coney Island to neighbourhoods and locales unkwn even to many New Yorkers, colour photography provides a new perspective on the city. More than anything else, though, it is New York's famous energy, anarchy, and diversity as observed on the city's streets and in its public spaces that have inspired many of the photographers in this collection. New York in Colour shows the city as an ever-changing visual collage, 'a beautiful catastrophe,' as the Swiss architect Le Corbusier famously described it. Organized in thematic sections that capture the vibrancy and poetry of the changing streetscape - such as the skyline, the teeming streets, the constant motion, the nerve centres of activity, the famous landmarks, the water's edge - New York in Colour is destined to be a classic photographic survey of the world's most exciting city.
- Author BiographyBob Shamis is a consultant, independent curator, and photographer. As an independent curator he has organized photography exhibitions for galleries and museums, including the National Gallery of Canada. From 1998 to 2006 he was the Curator of Prints and Photographs at the Museum of the City of New York where he organized more than a dozen exhibitions. A fine art photographer, his work has been shown in one-person and group exhibitions in the United States and Europe is represented in the permanent collections of the Bibliotheque Nationale, Paris; the Brooklyn Museum; the Museum Ludwig, Cologne; the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston; and the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art.
- Author(s)Bob Shamis
- Date of Publication01/10/2011
- SubjectPeople & Places: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Note235 colour photographs
- Weight1882 g
- Width292 mm
- Height292 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsWith dust jacket
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.90Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $62.03Trending at AU $75.38
- AU $32.85Trending at AU $36.70
- AU $30.95Trending at AU $34.07
- AU $26.99Trending at AU $29.48
- AU $37.69Trending at AU $48.07
- AU $30.58Trending at AU $37.48
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.