Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $34.45
- AU $9.20Trending at AU $15.93
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $36.33
- AU $23.03Trending at AU $36.71
- AU $23.48Trending at AU $29.32
- AU $17.27Trending at AU $33.82
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $33.26
About this product
- DescriptionDrawing on years of experience tramping and cooking in the outdoors, Paul and Rebecca Garland have created a comprehensive backcountry cooking guide that is quite unlike anything else published in New Zealand. Written especially for trampers and other outdoor adventurers, New Zealand Backcountry Cooking provides a huge range of delicious and lightweight food options that can be created with simple cooking techniques. The book covers all possible outdoor experiences, from multi-day trips where lightweight ingredients and cooking speed are essential, family adventures where tasty food can be a crucial element in making the experience enjoyable for children, through to weekend and camp cooking where weight is t a consideration, and more gourmet options are possible. In addition to these many recipes, the authors provide lots of invaluable practical advice around preparation at home, cooking basics, equipment and menu planning. Additionally, the dry weight of every meal is also provided. If you are just starting out as a tramper and need to understand the fundamentals, or if you are an experienced outdoor adventurer who would enjoy some inspiration for your backcountry cooking, then this book will prove to be a perfect companion.
- Author BiographyPAUL GARLAND has been tramping for 50 years, and has had a long interest in eating well in the outdoors. He has had professional training as a chef in both commercial kitchens and the New Zealand army, and worked for 25 years in endangered species conservation. In 2012 he completed the Te Araroa Trail after 152 days walking the length of New Zealand. He lives outside of Christchurch. Paul's daughter, REBECCA GARLAND, has inherited his love of both tramping, and of cooking. She works as a medical doctor.
- Author(s)Paul Garland,Rebecca Garland
- PublisherPotton & Burton
- Date of Publication14/12/2015
- SubjectFood & Drink: General
- Place of PublicationNelson
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintPotton & Burton
- Content Notecolour
- Width190 mm
- Height245 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.