All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionAs if transitioning from library school or a different type of library job into the role of a school librarian wasn't challenging eugh, just factor in today's straitened funding environment for the position itself. Librarians new on the job need expert advice on what to expect and how thrive, and since its publication in 2006 this guide has served as a wise mentor for the new school librarian. From job search strategies and discovering work philosophy to the nitty-gritty details of creating acceptable use policies, this revised and updated edition, which includes a new foreword from Sarah Kelly Johns, shares the joys and perils of the profession along with a wealth of practical advice from decades of experience in school library programs. With this guide as a roadmap, new school librarians can:* Tackle the job search with confidence, with tips on everything from polishing a resume and acing a job interview to ways of handling any potentially negative Google results and other digital footprints* Learn the secrets to successfully collaborate with teachers* Navigate new roles and responsibilities through orientation and organization* Create dynamic interactions with students to deepen their learning experiences* Master the art of communicating with the principal, IT experts, and vendors* Become familiar with school library techlogy, including e-book collections, online databases, and library management systems* Receive field-tested guidance on daily matters - from budgeting and purchasing to advocacy and programming The AASL Standards for the 21st-Century Learner, Partnership for 21st Century Skills, and Common Core State Standards are also thoroughly discussed. New school librarians as well as those already in the profession can set the tone for rewarding career with this one-stop, hands-on guide.
- Author BiographyHilda K. Weisburg retired after 31 years as a school librarian. Currently she is the chair of AASL Advocacy Committee and is on the ALA Committee on Literacy. She gives numerous presentations in New Jersey and state library association conferences. Together with Ruth Toor she has written 13 books (and a recent solo work for ALA Editions, The School Librarian's Career Planner) and became sole publisher and editor of School Librarian's Workshop. Ruth Toor retired after 29 years as an elementary school librarian in Chatham, New Jersey, USA. She is a past president of AASL and a past member of ALA Council. During her AASL presidency, she was its representative to the National Forum for History Standards as well a member of the Implementation Committee for Information Power: Building Partnerships for Learning. She taught graduate courses at Rutgers and Montclair State Universities. A past president of NJASL, she received its President's Award.
- Author(s)Hilda K. Weisburg,Ruth Toor
- PublisherAmerican Library Association
- Date of Publication28/02/2015
- SubjectLibrary & Information Science
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintALA Editions
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.